Hi there balsamiq friends!
You may be asking yourselves: so what happened this week in balsamiq world? 🙂
Thanks to my beta participants' awesome feedback, I have made the following adjustments:
I added the following control types
- Link Bar
- Menu - this is the coolest
I fixed the following bugs:
- demo window can now be resized (thanks Seth)
- mouse now goes back to normal when you exit the demo window
- another mouse-related bug Jason told me about (exit the demo while dragging)
- I improved the drag and drop experience: now the controls are where you expect them to be, and you get to edit the text immediately on drop, PPT style (thanks Michael). Try it!
- better tooltips everywhere
- improved QuickAdd to ignore spaces and generally work better (thanks Seth). Try it!
- text styles (italic, font size) didn't work
- made the floating property inspector NOT be annoying and in your way (thanks Jason)
- resizing now has a minimum 10x10 size so that you don't go crazy in negative sizes
- straightened up the notebook background (thanks Will)
Features I removed (yes!):
- bold text style
- search in ui library
I'm sure I also worked on the balsamiq site but I can't really remember what I did, I'll try to keep track this week so that I can give you a better update next week.
We have two more people on the beta:
- K### T### - my rock-star product manger partner-in-crime at Adobe (yes, I told her!)
- W### T### - my super-star graphic designer best friend
welcome and thanks for your time, it's a privilege to have you!
On the competition front, Michael forwarded me this link: http://www.lovelycharts.com/ - they are going with the 3euro/mo consumer play, which is good news to me (I think that's a much harder sale than piggy-backing on Confluence). Still, competition is good, I love it!
I think next week I'll go back to working on the server-side integration with Confluence, stay tuned.
Have a great week everyone!
Get the Inside Scoop!
Want to be part of the Balsamiq inner circle?
Want to know what we're up to before everyone else?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter! See Past Issues.