Let's see, what did I do this week.
- I set up Google Webmaster Tools, interesting stuff
- I coded up a monthly newsletter with CampaignMonitor. Head over to http://www.balsamiq.com to sign up for it, I'll be sending the first test newsletter out soon.
- I set up CruiseControl. This is totally awesome. I check in a feature or a fix, and within 2 minutes my website is updated with the latest build, of every variation of mockups that was touched by my check-in. Just like magic.
- I added 12 new icons (bringing the total up to 71) and the following control types: Image Placeholder, Street Map, Charts (Line, Bar, Column, Pie), Cover Flow and a Formatting Toolbar (so that you can mock up a text editor). This brings the number of controls available to 53, which I think is plenty for version 1 (but if there is something you really miss let me know, it takes me about 10 minutes to add a control type).
- I refactored some code and fixed some annoying bugs related to clicking and dragging. The app should feel much smoother now. Try it out! http://www.balsamiq.com/products/mockups/live
Beta and others:
- I added my friends R### and R###, thanks for joining guys
- I Installed Parallels and Windoze so that I can use Captivate and Quickbooks in it.
- I am looking for quotes to add to the website regarding Mockups or Balsamiq as a whole. If you have been using Mockups and have something (hopefully positive) to share and want to get a little free publicity, don't be shy! See Andrew's quote on this page http://www.balsamiq.com/products/mockups for an idea of what I'm looking for.
- I should be getting my business tax number this week. Once that's set up, I can get a bank account, CPA and all that good stuff.
Ok I think that's enough for now. Oh and I also worked full-time at Adobe and prepared some for the big move to Italy. No big deal. 😉
Until next week, Peldi