"Weekly" Release: FogBugz Wiki integration and more!
Hello everyone! We hope you're having a fantastic first week of September! 🙂
We know, we just did a weekly release this past Sunday...so this is not really a "weekly" release. Still, we couldn't wait to share these new exciting updates with you, so we're releasing them now.
Here's what's new in today's release:
- Mockups for FogBugz: WIKI integration! Marco's been really busy, and now you can add UI Mockups to your FogBugz wiki pages as well as your bugs and other cases. We're really excited about this, it was the big missing piece of the integration. If everything checks out we might even start selling the plugin in the next few days, hurray! 🙂 Here's a screencast we quickly threw together.
Apologies for the lack of audio and the length, we didn't have time to make it shorter! 😉 We'll do a better screencast soon, but in the meantime we'd love for you to test out the plugin!
- all versions: the Quick Add list now properly disappears when you click outside of it
- all versions: you can now use CTRL+, CTRL- and CTRL+0 (or APPLE+, APPLE- and APPLE+0 on OS X) to change the text size quickly. Thanks so much Val for asking for it! It's really a big speed boost, you should try it!
- all versions: the little link icons no longer show up in exported PNGs (they were still there if controls were grouped)
- Mockups for Desktop: cancelling out of a print operation no longer "breaks everything"
- Mockups for Desktop: in the Help menu the "Register..." menu item turns into "Unregister from this Computer..." after you register (click on the image to enlarge):
This is useful if your company bought a volume pack and you want to transfer someone's license to a different person...you could do this via the command-line interface already but that was way too hard for non-technical users. This should make your life (and ours) easier.
- Mockups for Desktop (linux): using the arrow keys for navigating through linked mockups while in presentation mode now works on linux as well (sorry about that!)
How do I update?
- Mockups for Desktop: here (you might hit this one-time error if you haven’t updated in a while)
- Mockups for Confluence: here
- Mockups for JIRA: here
- Mockups for XWiki: here
- Mockups for FogBugz: here
- Web Demo: here
We are continuing to make progress on the hosted application, and I have started work on porting the linking feature to all of the other for-sale versions of Mockups.
One more thing: there's this poll going on at InsideRIA which asks people to vote for the best RIA of 2009...we don't like to ask for favors and we don't really need more attention at the moment so we haven't spammed our customers asking them to vote, but since I'm posting this I thought I'd mention it. So if you have a few seconds go and vote for us if you'd like! 🙂