Weekly Release: Bug Fixes and Better Scaling
Hi there, apologies for not posting about the weekly release last week. We actually did do a bug-fix release but didn't have time to post about it. So here's what changed since our last update:
- fixed a number of bugs in the linking feature: the most important was that sometimes links wouldn't work in grouped controls or if the mockups had big images in it (thanks Laslzo and Michael for reporting these!). We also added a scroll-bar to the Link Inspector for when you have lots of bmml files to link to:The pull-down will also say "[broken]" if the control links to a file that's no longer there.
- We added the same scrollbar to the Image Inspector as well:
- fixed an issue with the height of an empty Text Input control (thanks Mark!)
- fixed an issue with controls going to a negative position in some cases.
- double-clicking on text will no longer select the newline character (it's the small things that make the difference!)
- the ButtonBar control now resizes properly based on the text font size, so that you can use it in iPhone mockups now
- images and charts now scale a lot better. Here's a before/after screenshot:
This change took 5 minutes, I can't believe I didn't do it earlier. Oh well...
- Added color and opacity support to Horizontal and Vertical Rule controls (thanks Justin V. for the request)
How do I update?
As usual, this is a free update. Here are the links:
- Mockups for Desktop: here (you might hit this one-time error if you haven’t updated in a while)
- Mockups for Confluence: here
- Mockups for JIRA: here
- Mockups for XWiki: here
- Web Demo: here
We continue to be focused on the Mockups Web App...it's a lot of work but we're very excited about it. We now have a staging and a production server, and are working on the last few "must have" features before we can go alpha.
Get the Inside Scoop!
Want to be part of the Balsamiq inner circle?
Want to know what we're up to before everyone else?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter! See Past Issues.