Release: Select on Layers, Linux 32bit installer and bug fixes
Another week, another sweet little release! 🙂
Here's what's new today:
A way to select elements hidden behind other controls
The feature is simple: if you right-click on a point on your canvas, you will now be able to select from a list of the controls that are behind the visible control under your mouse, sorted by z-order (highest to lowest).
Super-handy. Now, what if you want to add to the selection instead of selecting? Just hold shift before right-clicking and the menus will change:
Thanks to Michael Bourque, Bruce Morehouse, Andi, Jenni Merrifield, Christian Watkins and Duane Fields for contributing to the discussion.
New "Open Containing Folder" menu in Mockups for Desktop
Super-simple, "how could we survive without it until now" little feature. Right-click on a tab and see the new "Open Containing Folder" menu:
Click on it and it will do just that, open a Finder / Windows Explorer window pointed at the folder containing that bmml file. A sweet little balsamiqMarco idea! 🙂
New 32bit Linux Installer
Paolo has been hard at work setting up automated builds for our native installers for Mac, Windows and Linux. Today we round out the platforms by adding a new Linux 32bit build (we already had a 64bit one).
Thanks omarello for requesting it!
Other cool little things
- All versions: finishing off the toggle markup feature from last week: we now automatically turn markup on when you add a markup control to the canvas if you had "show markup" disabled (an idea by Luke). We also ignore the size of markup elements when exporting to PNG and PDF properly now (thanks jdpohels for the bug report).
- All versions: We think we finally fixed the last of our Polish keyboard bugs. Thanks Jan Mysior for the bug report!
- All versions: following the Apple Human Interface Guidelines, we changed the shortcut for Redo on a mac from COMMAND+Y (the Windows convention, which stay the same) to COMMAND+SHIFT+Z. Thanks Mike for noticing!
- All versions: fixed a bug with image labels disappearing. Thanks Ben Norris for the bug report!
- All versions: export to XML now properly exports using relative paths again.
- All versions: the trash can icon was smaller than the others, Mike made new ones, for added capacity! 😉
- Mockups for Desktop and myBalsamiq: fixed asian character issue with symbol names in UI Library. Thanks to Yuta Kitade for the bug report.
- Mockups for Desktop: fixed image rendering in UI library. They were squished in some cases.
- Mockups for Desktop: improved performance when using account assets on a remote network drive. Thanks to Carol P. for helping us debug via email.
- Mockups for Desktop: we no longer poll for asset changes when the app is not in focus. Thanks jlegelis for noticing.
- Mockups for Desktop: fixed an injection from last week that had to do with links to files with spaces in their names. Thanks to Colin Claverie for catching this!
- Mockups for Confluence: no longer shows "Add UI Mockup" to a page menu unless the page has been saved first. Bryan C. and Elias V. via email.
How do I update?
Easy! Just install from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂
For posterity, these are the version numbers of today's release:
- Mockups for Desktop: version 2.0.14
- Mockups for Confluence: version 2.0.14
- Mockups for FogBugz: version 2.0.16
- Mockups for JIRA: version 2.0.15
- Mockups for XWiki: version 2.0.13
- Web Demo: version 2.0.12 launch it
Get the Inside Scoop!
Want to be part of the Balsamiq inner circle?
Want to know what we're up to before everyone else?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter! See Past Issues.