Our Short and Mid-Term Feature Roadmap
Hi there, I've written bits of this enough times now that I thought a little blog post about it would be in order.
Here's what we're working on RIGHT NOW:
- The components feature. STATUS: we are going to release the first big step of it ("double click to enter groups to edit their contents") in the next release, in a week or so. The plan is to ship the full feature in July.
- The projects feature. STATUS: we are hammering out the details of the feature as part of myBalsamiq. The plan is to bring them to the Desktop in the fall, after the dust settles. In the meantime, the next release will include a little pulldown menu to help you manage many mockups at once.
- The web app. STATUS: we are completing a full redesign and hope to put it on production in a few days. After the current beta users tell us they love it, we'll expand the beta a bit more and take it from there. The plan is to ship it...I'd say in July, but I've been so wrong before so I'll say "when it's ready".
Here's what we plan on working on THIS SUMMER:
- balsamiq.com redesign - our website is showing its age. We'll make it more navigable, more useful and yes, prettier.
- a new skin or two for Mockups - see point #5 here.
- exploring Mockups for the iPad - yes, we have a few ideas on how to "do it right". Stay tuned on this blog / on Twitter for details later this summer. Here's our iPad thread on GetSatisfaction if you have any input on this.
Here's what we plan on working on THIS FALL. These are somewhat hazy right now, but just to give you a vague idea:
- bringing projects to the Desktop
- Desktop / myBalsamiq sync
- shipping the iPad app (or at least a beta)
- myBalsamiq APIs
- RTL language support (I looked into it a bit and it's still SO HARD to do in Flex, sorry)
So these are are our top priorities for the months to come.
We'll also continue to fix bugs, improve performance and add little features here and there with every release, OF COURSE! 🙂
Get the Inside Scoop!
Want to be part of the Balsamiq inner circle?
Want to know what we're up to before everyone else?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter! See Past Issues.