No weekly release this week, but we've been busy!
Hi there, just a quick note to let you know that we're not going to do a weekly release this week. We've been working on some big features so we want to give you guys a little more time to test them before we merge them into the 1.6 branch.
Here's what we've been working on - as you'll see, we're still in "finish up what we started" mode, fixing bugs and finishing old features (or product versions) before we add new and exciting features.
- We started porting the linking feature to the plugin versions of Mockups. The first is Mockups for Confluence, here's the announcement and here's a little video of the new feature in action:
We plan on releasing this next week. We're working on porting the linking feature to Mockups for JIRA and XWiki as well, stay tuned.
- As part of the above effort, we have changed how Mockups for Desktop behaves when in full-screen presentation mode: when you navigate from one mockup to the next we no longer open each file for editing, so that when you ESCape out of full-screen you'll be taken back to where you started and won't have a million tabs open. If you want to follow a link for editing, simply ALT+click on the little arrow icon and Mockups will load the file for you to edit. This change is not in 1.6 yet but we'd love it if you could try it out on our prerelease build here. Let us know what you think! We plan on releasing this next week.
- Added a few new FAQs to the Mockups Support Page: "How do I update to the latest version of Mockups for Desktop?", "How can I use non-latin text in Mockups?", "What's the difference between version X and Y of Mockups?", "How do I transfer a Mockups for Desktop license from a user to another?" and "Do you offer educational discounts?"
- Made more progress on the web app beta, we're adding more users tomorrow.
- You can now purchase maintenance licenses for Mockups for Confluence, Mockups for JIRA and Mockups for XWiki directly from the website. I can't believe it's been a year since we started selling those already! 🙂
- Marco finished the integration of Mockups for FogBugz with the FogBugz wiki. We published a new version for you to test (download it from here), and we'll put out a proper for-sale version up very soon.
I think that's it for now. Thank you in advance for the testing help and the feedback!