Holiday Reading: Free eBooks and Good Blogs
'Tis the season of giving, and hopefully most of you will have a little more time to do some reading, so I thought this would be a good time to share the following links with you.
In the last few months we've seen a bunch of good free eBooks come out. I'm not sure how this trend started, but I suspect this TechZingLive interview with Jason Cohen might have something to do with it. 🙂
Here are four eBooks I think you might like, which are all free:
- "Don't Just Roll The Dice - A usefully short guide on software pricing" by Neil Davidson
- "Building the Perfect Beast: The Igor Naming Guide to Creating Product and Company Names" by Igor
- "What Matters Now" a collection of one-page nuggets of wisdom collected by Seth Godin
- "The Fable of User-Centered Design" by UserFocus
Do you know any other good eBooks along these lines? Don't be shy and post the links in the comments if you do! 🙂
My favorite non-tech blogs
I follow A LOT of blogs, mostly tech and business stuff. It's all good and useful, but the echo-chamber makes me a bit queasy after a while.
That's when I like to look at these:
- Letters of Note - these are always entertaining
- Today and Tomorrow - crazy digital art, designy furniture and artsy animated GIFs (remember those?)
- Strange Maps - for map nerds like me
- The Big Picture on boston.com. A view of our World through gorgeous, always though-provoking pictures
- Indexed - I just started following this one recently. Very smart stuff, plus I have a soft spot for hand-drawn things 😉
- Minimal - not at the same level of the ones above, but quick to read
What are your favorite "escape from the technosphere" blogs?
Have a great holiday break everyone, happy reading!