Holiday Reading: Free eBooks and Good Blogs
'Tis the season of giving, and hopefully most of you will have a little more time to do some reading, so I thought this would be a good time to share the following links with you.
In the last few months we've seen a bunch of good free eBooks come out. I'm not sure how this trend started, but I suspect this TechZingLive interview with Jason Cohen might have something to do with it. 🙂
Here are four eBooks I think you might like, which are all free:
- "Don't Just Roll The Dice - A usefully short guide on software pricing" by Neil Davidson
- "Building the Perfect Beast: The Igor Naming Guide to Creating Product and Company Names" by Igor
- "What Matters Now" a collection of one-page nuggets of wisdom collected by Seth Godin
- "The Fable of User-Centered Design" by UserFocus
Do you know any other good eBooks along these lines? Don't be shy and post the links in the comments if you do! 🙂
My favorite non-tech blogs
I follow A LOT of blogs, mostly tech and business stuff. It's all good and useful, but the echo-chamber makes me a bit queasy after a while.
That's when I like to look at these:
- Letters of Note - these are always entertaining
- Today and Tomorrow - crazy digital art, designy furniture and artsy animated GIFs (remember those?)
- Strange Maps - for map nerds like me
- The Big Picture on boston.com. A view of our World through gorgeous, always though-provoking pictures
- Indexed - I just started following this one recently. Very smart stuff, plus I have a soft spot for hand-drawn things 😉
- Minimal - not at the same level of the ones above, but quick to read
What are your favorite "escape from the technosphere" blogs?
Have a great holiday break everyone, happy reading!
Get the Inside Scoop!
Want to be part of the Balsamiq inner circle?
Want to know what we're up to before everyone else?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter! See Past Issues.