[Release] FontAwesome in myBalsamiq, Drag+Drop of Symbols, and more!
Hello friends of Balsamiq!
We hope you're having a great summer. We are too, and we're excited to share with you today's releases.
As you know, we switched to using the FontAwesome icon set with the Balsamiq Mockups 3 for Desktop release back in March.
With today's release, we bring that same huge icon set (585 icons!) to all of our other products: myBalsamiq, Mockups for Confluence, Mockups for JIRA and even the old Mockups for Desktop 2.2!
This change will greatly improve the experience of using more than one of our products together. No more "image not found" errors when trying to upload a v.3 bmml to myBalsamiq! 🙂
Drag+Drop of Single Symbols in Balsamiq Mockups 3
You can now keep your symbol libraries nicely organized by dragging and dropping single symbols from one library to another.
You can even drag a single symbol from a project to another, without having to drag the whole library with it!
Thanks so much Liubi and WeeDz for requesting this!
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue in the DataGrid control when the last line of text was empty. Thanks Dorel D. for uncovering this bug!
- Added a confirmation dialog when discarding alternates since it's not something you can undo (yet).
- We now make a backup alternate of the official version when you promote an alternate to official, since promoting is not something you can undo (yet).
- Improved the padding of the Button control in some configurations
- Fixed a regression with the Tooltip inspector, sorry about that! Thanks Marcel W. and nzahavi for bringing this up!
- Fixed an issue with images losing resolution when dragged from one project to another
- On Windows, we now open a new empty project when you close the last project from the menu, instead of quitting the application. Thanks sgiroux for the suggestion!
- Fixed an issue with "Learn More" links in Asset, Symbols and Trash empty states not working in our browser-based versions.
- Fixed an issue with the official version getting deselected in the Export PDF dialog by accident. Thanks Scott_Harrington for the bug report!
- In exported PDFs, we now properly point links to the official version's page, even if it has alternates. Thanks Scott_Harrington for bringing this up!
- Fixed an issue with the Calendar control having days "spilling over" its edge.
- Fixed a couple of issues with the Grid view.
- Fixed an issue with rendering thumbnails of alternate mockups.
How do I update?
If you're using myBalsamiq or Mockupsfor Google Drive, you're already updated.
For other versions, simply install from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
You can find Mockups for Desktop 2.2.28 (with FontAwesome icons!) in our Build Archives, and you can find the new versions of Mockups for Confluence 2.2.28 and Mockups for JIRA 2.2.27 on Atlassian Marketplace.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂
For posterity, today's Balsamiq Mockups 3 release is build 3.1.9
Get the Inside Scoop!
Want to be part of the Balsamiq inner circle?
Want to know what we're up to before everyone else?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter! See Past Issues.