Balsamiq Dev Update for July 2018
Hello friends of Balsamiq!
In order to keep you in the loop with what we're working on, we have decided to start a new blog tradition: once a month, we're going to post an update of everything released in the last month or so.
Here's what made it to production since July 1st, 2018. 😊
Most of the development team is focused on building the native Mac and Windows versions of our Desktop application. We're shooting for a private beta after the summer.
In Balsamiq Cloud, we have done a lot of behind-the-scenes work in preparation for the upcoming "Project History" feature. We'll be turning it on for all customers soon!
- In the editor, when going full-screen, we now appropriately disable links that are attached to controls that are hidden by other controls.
- We are working on speeding up the editor's loading time when opening large projects.
- We are building a messaging service based on socket.io to power our real-time collaboration features. We are using PubNub right now, but it's getting expensive, and the GDPR work we did recently has convinced us that the fewer outside vendors we use, the better for your privacy.
- Speaking of which, we continued moving our server logs from Logmatic to our self-hosted ELK servers.
- In our Confluence and Jira Server plugins, we fixed a bug that prevented the download of exported images and projects from the Safari browser.
- Our Google Drive plugin now supports Team Drives.
Here are some other things we shipped:
- On our website, we re-opened the sponsorship applications form, added 2 job openings, and added some navigation links in the footer.
- We made some updates to the Managing Projects documentation article for Balsamiq Cloud, to clarify how to move projects between Spaces.
- We updated our site and docs to add links to the Google Marketplace page to our Google Drive add-on.
- In light of the recent US Supreme Court decision about internet sales taxes, we added a state-by-state report to our back-office accounting web app.
- On WireframesToGo, we added a new "Circular Page Indicator" symbol to the Pagination Controls library.
As you saw, most of our work is happening behind the scenes these days. We cannot wait to ship the Native Desktop apps so that we can get back to listening to your requests and bug reports and delivering fixes and features month after month.
Alright, that's all for this month. August will be a slower month for us because many people take vacations.
We hope you found this update useful!
Get the Inside Scoop!
Want to be part of the Balsamiq inner circle?
Want to know what we're up to before everyone else?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter! See Past Issues.