Weekly Release: bug fixes and skinnier Arrows
Hello again friends!
First of all, you should know that we've just announced our latest addition to our staff: an awesome software tester / tech support guru named Louanne!
Head over to our Life @ Balsamiq blog for the full announcement.
So in the spirit of delivering on quality, this week's release is once again focused on bug fixing.
Here's what's new and improved:
- All versions: arrow heads are skinnier now. They look so much better now don't you think?
- All versions: Fixed the resizing of controls that only stretch in one direction. Thanks to Jenny Merrifield for bringing this up!
- All versions: Fixed a bug with empty groups corrupting mockups. This was a bad bug, thanks to Tony Lucas and Faraz Qureshi for their bug reports.
- All versions: Geometric Shapes now correctly hide in full screen presentation mode if you choose to hide all markup.
- All versions: fixed a bug with empty mockups being saved with measuredW and measuredH equal to -100000000.
- All versions: exporting only the selection also resulted in measuredW and measuredH equal to -100000000 in the BMML.
- Mockups for Desktop: Broken Symbol references now show a "Symbol Cannot be Found" label. Thanks Jim Jarret for bringing this up.
- Mockups for Desktop: fixed a bug with PDF export hanging when the mockups include broken images. This fixes Peter's and Tom Anders' bug report.
- Mockups for Desktop: fixed a bug that had to do with reverting symbol overrides for controls that had been deleted in the symbol source.
- Mockups for Desktop: fixed an issue with links not working properly in PDFs when working with symbols that had nested groups in them. Thanks "google" for the bug report!
- Mockups for Desktop: symbols that are made of empty groups now show up properly in the UI Library.
- Mockups for Desktop: fixed a Windows-only bug that would result in Mockups not starting up properly if you switched focus to a different window while Mockups was starting up. Thanks to merle.corey.87 and Andi for the debugging help!
- Mockups for Desktop: fixed yet another occurrence of %20 in file names (this time if you're trying to load a file that was deleted).
- Mockups for FogBugz: you can now see the list of mockups attached to a case when you add a new one again.
- Mockups for FogBugz: now works also when you access your FogBugz installation with a different domain name (i.e. via a proxy). This takes care of this old bug report by meakshaykumar and timb.
How do I update?
Easy! Just install from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂
For posterity, these are the version numbers of today's release:
- Mockups for Desktop: version 2.0.8 . You might hit this one-time error if you haven't updated in a long time.
- Mockups for Confluence: version 2.0.8
- Mockups for JIRA: version 2.0.9
- Mockups for XWiki: version 2.0.7
- Mockups for FogBugz: version 2.0.10
- Web Demo: version 2.0.7 launch it
Get the Inside Scoop!
Want to be part of the Balsamiq inner circle?
Want to know what we're up to before everyone else?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter! See Past Issues.