Release: Bullets, SHIFT+Drag, l0rem and Bug Fixes
This week's release is not a huge one but I'm very happy about it since it includes some features and bug fixes I've been meaning to do for quite some time.
Let's get right to it!
- All Versions: if you add a row with * or - in the Paragraph of text control, we transform it into a bullet (click below to enlarge). Thanks to ruben for his initial feature request, and for everyone else who chimed in!
- All Versions: you can now hold down SHIFT when moving to make the selection snap to the original X or Y axis. Combined with ALT, this makes for very quick creation of rows or columns of controls of the same type. Thanks to everyone who asked for this feature: Mitchell Fox started this thread 11 months ago, michael.aird this one 6 months ago, and Doug Hughes this one a month ago, but it was Jenni Merrifield's latest comment that made me decide to get off my butt and just code the darn thing. Thank you Jenni for your continuous feedback and enthusiasm! 🙂
- All Versions: lorem now works in the middle of a paragraph and not just at the end, and no longer shows you character count numbers. If you want the numbers, type l0rem instead, with a zero instead of an o. Nerdy, huh? 🙂
- Mockups for Confluence, JIRA and XWiki: when doing a "Save and Continue" operation, we now show a little notifier that says "Saved!", or an error if the save operation failed for some reason (say your administrator restarted the wiki, or your connection went down, or something). This is an old Adam Wride idea, thanks as always Adam!
- All Versions: fixed this bug about not being able to make the first item in a menu bar NOT bold. Thanks Mr Joseph Tate for reporting it!
- All Versions: bigger font size for combo boxes and pill buttons. Thanks to Roman for asking for this one.
- All Versions: Quick Add text no longer gets cut off on Windows. Thanks to and Jon Edlund and Martin Kemp for reporting this (via email).
- All Versions: fixed another instance of the "controls loose their properties" bug. I think we caught it all now, but if you still see this, let us know!
- All Versions: fixed a bug with moving objects with the arrows after a small resize. Thanks Jon Boardman for the bug report!
- All Versions: Replaced the ugly "Error #2035" message to a more human-friendly "Image not Found" error in images. By the way, have you seen our tutorial on how to minimize seeing this error in the first place? Check it out: Working with Projects in Mockups for Desktop.
- All Versions: fixed a bug with image paths when dragged from the desktop onto Mockups. Thanks to jochen and nico.rouanne for the debugging help with this one.
- Mockups for Desktop: opening a file by double-clicking it now correctly sets the "last open path" internal variable, so that when you go to open another file, we'll pre-select the folder of the file you double-clicked on. Easy, huh? 😉 Thanks to Besi for the detailed bug report.
- Mockups for Desktop: fixed other issues around the "show me the last open path" feature.
- Mockups for Desktop: fixed a bug when doing two consecutive "Save As..." operations. Thanks to Mo for reporting this one yesterday.
- Mockups for Desktop: changed the text of the "Your mockups were exported to folder XYZ" notifier. We no longer show all the paths since it wasn't really helpful and kind-of ugly. Thanks again to Jon Boardman for reporting this one.
How do I update?
Easy! Just install from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂
For posterity, these are the version numbers of today's release:
- Mockups for Desktop: version 1.8.10
- Mockups for Confluence: version 1.8.11
- Mockups for JIRA: version 1.8.9
- Mockups for XWiki: version 1.8.9
- Mockups for FogBugz: version 1.8.10
- Web Demo: version 1.8.9 launch it
By the way, have you seen our new @balsamiqNext Twitter account? It has a minute-by-minute description of every change we make to the software, right after we make it. We love it, coding in the open like this is a great feeling! Thanks for coming along for the ride! 🙂
Get the Inside Scoop!
Want to be part of the Balsamiq inner circle?
Want to know what we're up to before everyone else?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter! See Past Issues.