A bug fix update
Today's little update fixes a number of little bugs here and there. As you may notice, some are injections, meaning fixes for code that used to work in the past and broke in the previous release. Clearly we need to do a better job at preventing these issues from happening, so it's a confirmation that putting Florian on building up our suite of automated tests full-time was a good idea, and absolutely necessary. 🙂
Anyways, let's get right to it:
- All versions: Alert dialog with a single button no longer looks ugly. Thanks halsura for reporting it!
- All versions: Fixed a couple of issues with the mouse cursor not switching back after a crop operation. Thanks Jason Kerchner, Dakota Brown and andreasgibnes for reporting it!
- All versions: Fixed an issue with the UI Library staying open during full-screen presentation mode (and links not working). Sorry about the injection, and thanks Wiking, Jason Kerchner, Tim LaBonne, chris.gatland and Bruce MacNaughton and László Bővíz for reporting it.
- All versions: Fixed a bug with the Data Grid not hiding rows properly. Thank you Marshal Datkowitz for reporting it!
- All versions: Fixed a bug with the tooltip text not wrapping. Thanks to halsura and paul for reporting it!
- All versions: Fixed "some controls don't look disabled" bug. Thanks to Eric Chan for reporting it and to Chris M. for emailing about it.
- All versions: The Button control now uses smaller horizontal label padding when the button itself is small. Thanks ireddick for requesting it and to Chris M. for emailing about it.
- All versions: A Search control with no text doesn't "get squished" any more.
- Mockups for Desktop: fixed "Caps-lock breaks keyboard shortcuts" bug on Win and Linux. This was an old issue, first reported by Armaud 3 years ago, then again by Joe Eckert and pswulius. Florian wrote a blog post about it too!
- Mockups for Desktop: Auto-Save had broken for existing files, it only worked for new files. Thanks rafa for reporting it!
- myBalsamiq: Fixed issues with failing conversions (endless spinner). So sorry about this one. Our conversion servers ran out of disk space. We now updated them to a 20Gb hard drive (from 8Gb) and most importantly made sure old logs and error reports get deleted after a week so that the disks won't fill up again. Thank you sarah for reporting it.
- myBalsamiq: Anonymous users can edit and save mockups in wiki-access projects again. Thanks Jonta for reporting it!
- myBalsamiq: fixed an issue with image upload from the myBalsamiq editor. Thanks dcanarick, blackdr and Keving Fox for reporting it!
- myBalsamiq: fixed an issue with links not showing up in the HTML and PDF views after editing some mockups. Thank you Mattmas and Sarah Edwards for reporting it!
- myBalsamiq: Updated our real-time messaging protocol to something a little more firewall-friendly.
- myBalsamiq: We no longer log out users automatically on suspended sites.
- myBalsamiq: fixed an issue with some mockup thumbnails showing a single band.
- Mockups for Google Drive: renamed the Create New menu from "Wireframe" to "Wireframe (with Balsamiq Mockups)".
- Mockups for Confluence: migrated the plugin to V2, so that it's now compatible with the latest Atlassian SDK.
- Mockups for JIRA: Fixed a bug with mockup thumbns not showing when running JIRA with a contextPath.
- Mockups for JIRA: Now more resilient to mockup names that include special characters.
How do I update?
If you're using myBalsamiq, you're already updated. Just log back in and enjoy.
For other versions, simply install from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂
For posterity, these are the version numbers of today's release:
- myBalsamiq: build #3779
- Mockups for Desktop: version 2.1.16
- Mockups for Google Drive: version 2.1.8
- Mockups for Confluence: version 2.1.16
- Mockups for FogBugz: version 2.1.15
- Mockups for JIRA: version 2.1.16
- Mockups for XWiki: version 2.1.15
- Web Demo: version 2.1.15 launch it
Get the Inside Scoop!
Want to be part of the Balsamiq inner circle?
Want to know what we're up to before everyone else?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter! See Past Issues.