[Release] A Nice Little Summer Release
Hello friends of Balsamiq!
We hope you've all had a great summer and are energized for a productive autumn and winter! 🙂
Some of us took some time off, but that didn't prevent us from fixing a few bugs and adding a little new feature for you all!
Let's see what's in today's release.
New "Discard All Alternates" menu
This is especially useful to clean up when a mockup has been finalized, or after duplicating a mockup that has alternates.
Now you can discard all alternates for a mockup with a dedicated menu command:
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue with the Rename button not updating after pasting text into the Rename Mockup dialog.
- Fixed an issue with Quick Add not working in some cases after sending focus to it via the + shortcut. Thank you "usability" for reporting it!
- Fixed an issue with pasting values into the Color Picker. Thanks russ for reporting it!
- Fixed a typo in the empty symbol library welcome text. Thank you Michael T. for reporting it!
- Fixed an error when doing a Save As and using the same name as before.
- Fixed an issue when importing assets with special characters in their file names.
How do I update?
If you're using the Web Demo, Mockups 3 for Google Drive, Confluence Cloud or JIRA Cloud, you're already updated.
For Desktop, simply install from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂
For posterity, today's release is build 3.4.5.
What else is going on?
- We hired 2 new people in Chicago! Welcome Drew Lafferty and Lizelotte Green!
- On our Life@Balsamiq Blog, we posted about Balsamiq Summer Camp: How We Planned Our 2016 Retreat.
- On our UX Blog, we posted about Volunteer Opportunities for UX Designers or Developers and about how our Docs are open source: Edit the Balsamiq Docs!
- We put the spotlight on two Balsamiq Champions: Scott Gallant on Adapting to Succeed and Jane Portman Cooks Up UI Breakfast.
- Leon wrote a very interesting guest post for UX Mastery: From the classroom to the cubicle: UX in the real world.
- We are still working feverishly on a new version of myBalsamiq which will no longer require the Flash Player. Huge project, but finally coming together!
Get the Inside Scoop!
Want to be part of the Balsamiq inner circle?
Want to know what we're up to before everyone else?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter! See Past Issues.